More often than ever, our clients are expressing a preference for secure, high availability Cloud Services (also known as web services). Cloud provides computing resource over the Internet and the benefits are dramatic, and typically include:
- Reduced or even zero capital spend on technology infrastructure.
- Speedy implementation and systems access from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Improved scalability, agility and flexibility. You can increase work throughput or even change direction without significant people or financial issues at stake.
Data Driven Logistics already provide clients with all of the most common cloud service: Software as a Service (known as SaaS); Platform as a Service (PaaS); and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- SaaS is a software distribution model in which our applications are hosted and/or managed by ourselves and made available to our clients’ and users over a network, typically the Internet.
- PaaS refers to the delivery of computer operating systems and associated services over the Internet, avoiding the need for downloads or installation at the client site.
- IaaS involves provisioning the equipment – servers, storage and networking components – used to support operations. Again, all of which are made accessible over a network.