PenPOD - Digital Proof Of Delivery Software Solution
PenPOD™ is a unique solution that enables delivery companies to print their own
delivery notes as usual, but replacing normal pen and paper with superior digital
Customers have come to quickly recognise PenPOD™ as the most cost effective and
easy to use electronic means of POD capture in the marketplace today. Digital Pen
and Paper technology can be easily introduced, at a manageable cost, to users who
are unfamiliar with or wary of new technologies.
In particular, for the logistics industry which has well established paper based
processes, digital pen and paper enables a new level of efficiency without disrupting
- Electronically captures proof of delivery details and a customer signature.
Improves accuracy of data collection.
- Automates conversion of handwriting and
check boxes into text / data.
- Introduces a real-time interface to back-office
systems, attaching an image of completed PODs.
- Provides secure access to and
management of PODs.
- Streamlines the proof of delivery process, making it more efficient and effective.
Real-time information transmission and activity analysis including delivery arrival
time and unloading waiting times.
- Significantly improves cash flow.
Eliminates manual collation of POD forms and keying of information to reduce the
- Reduces customer disputes.
- Improves customer service,
response times and provides a written receipt.
- Saves your personnel time previously
spent processing or retrieving paperwork.
- Pen and paper is simple to use, which
means minimal training and seamless introduction.
- Delivers a proven cost effective
Business Case & ROI
A combination of the following benefits have led to organisations reporting up to
60% cost savings and demonstrated process and service efficiencies, rapidly recovering
and justifying the original investment:
- Reduced rework through improved accuracy.
- Workforce productivity improvements.
Reduced communication costs.
- Reduced debtor days through automated same-day
- Workflow and process efficiencies through improved access
and reduced retrieval and storage costs.
- Reduced customer enquiries.
Reduced form transmission costs e.g. fax, post, delivery.
- Responsive access
to management information enabling efficient decision making.
- POD forms are printed as usual but on to digital paper.
- Drivers are equipped
with a digital pen and compatible mobile phone.
- The pens are used to complete POD forms and capture the customer’s signature.
Once a signature has been captured, an electronic copy of the form is sent via the
driver's mobile phone back to the office.
- Completed POD forms can be accessed instantly by office staff using Pen2PC or existing
PenPOD system features at a glance
- Barcode enabled electronic POD.
- Operates as a conventional pen.
Print POD forms using a standard laser printer.
- Synchronous integration with
- Pen2PC™ integration to view, manage and report on completed
forms and data.
- Hardcopy backup of completed PODs can be retained.
remote customer access to view completed PODs.
- Form replay – see in real-time
how forms were completed.
- Real-time productivity and progress monitoring.
Low entry and running costs.
How does PenPOD work?
- A digital pen works just the same as a normal pen but uses a built-in sensor to
capture and digitise handwriting.
- The pen uses a wireless Bluetooth connection to link to a compatible mobile phone.
The user writes on paper that has a special dot pattern invisible to the human eye.
The dot pattern determines the exact position of the pen when writing on the paper
or when completing a check box or field.
- The camera registers the dots as map
coordinates which are then stored by the pen and the strokes sent via a compatible
Bluetooth mobile phone to be accessed from a computer.
We'd like to offer you any information you require to better understand this product
or our services.
Please enter your email address below if you wish to request anymore information
concerning this product.